How to: Set up a SpeedTask Cloud account
When you have downloaded SpeedTask for the first time take a minute to create a SpeedTask Cloud account first (Don't worry! You paid for privacy!) A Cloud account lets you sync your tasks across all your devices (iPhone, iPad, Mac and the online portal) and is mandatory to activate syncing in SpeedTask app. A Cloud account can be easily set up in the "Settings" section of each application:
- Navigate to the Cloud-Sync settings and tab/click on the "Create free account" button. A second password control field appears and you can start filling in the forms with a user-name (your email-adress) and a personal password*. When you are done tab/click the "Submit" button and you should receive a notification that your account has been created.
- Enable the Cloud-Sync feature by a tab/click on the slider-button. The Cloud-icon turns blue and is ready to sync all your tasks.
- Do not create a new account on another device if you want to connect them! Simply take your acount-data and fill it into the user-name/password fields. Using SpeedTask Mac click "Save" button on SpeedTask iPhone hit the "Done" button on the top-right corner. Now every device syncs your tasks automatically with each other! See the screenshots below – all devices are using the same credentials and are connected with each other.
Cloud-Syncing settings in SpeedTask for iPhone (iOS universal)
Cloud-Syncing options in SpeedTask for iPad (iOS universal)
Cloud-Syncing options in SpeedTask for Mac (OSX)
How to: Reset your SpeedTask Cloud password
- Go to http://www.speedtaskapp.com/pwreset.php and request a new password
- You receive an email with your new password from our Cloud Service
- Log in to http://www.speedta.sk using your new password
- Go to settings (top right): Type in your old password (the one the Cloud has send you for reset) and choose a new one
- Hit "Save"-button
- Use exactly the same credentials in SpeedTask Mac/iOS (deactivate Cloud temporarily by using the slider - Cloud turns grey; after setting the new password activate the Cloud and it turns blue)
- This should work - if not please tell us in the comments section below which step causes the problem!
Settings pane in SpeedTask Online Cloud to change password
We hope this might help you in case you lost your password! If you have futher questions on this topic please feel free to drop us a comment!